Saturday, March 23, 2013

SPRING SPRING SPRING

Spring is here!! ...which for me means it's...SPRING BREAK! Don't worry, I'm not the type that goes out causing mishap around town! In fact, I actually have a midterm in one of my classes after my break is over :( . Anyways, let's keep this post in a happier tune...


This week I...

-Made "Welcome Home" cupcakes! 
A guy I knew from high school wanted to get his mommy something special because she was coming back home after a trip. 


-Made cupcakes for a "Cake Walk!"
A club from my old high school called, "She's the First" invited me to make cupcakes for their "Cake Walk."She's the First is a non-profit organization that helps raise awareness for girls' education in third world countries. For more information on their club, visit their Facebook page and "like" them! :) 
I was asked to color the frostings of the cupcakes to resemble the club's colors (Purple and Teal). 

It was originally planned that I would give the club, regular/frosted cupcakes but, at the last minute I decided to also give them some fondant flowers and letters ("S","T" & "F") in case they wanted to give the cupcakes a bit more flair. Also, thank you to Hannah Pacun for this picture!!

While I was making the cupcakes for them, I had found out that they were giving the cupcakes away so I thought it'd be nice to give the members of the club some mini cupcakes for all their hard work! :) *Thank you again to Hannah Pacun for this picture as well! 


& that's it for now! Upcoming on Monday, March 25th will be, I guess you could say my second year anniversary since working with fondant? For those who are curious, you can see how my first experience with fondant, here
**Warning: my first time working with fondant wasn't my finest hour... and I can only hope that I have improved with my fondant work since then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment