Sunday, January 27, 2013

Super Heroes Unite!

Literally a week ago I got a call from a woman named Doris. She left a voicemail (I failed to pick up because I was still sleeping..heh oops :P) saying that she had found me on Yelp. I recently added Karess Kreations on Yelp about 2 or 3 weeks ago but I wasn't ready to tell everyone, but hey if she was able to find me then I guess the secret is out! Soo... if you wish, here is my Yelp! Feel free to bookmark me! ;) Anyways, back to the story - She called to ask if I could make her daughter a super hero cake. Not going to lie, but when I first heard the message, I was a bit hesitant. One, I had no idea who this woman was nor have I ever met her (all of my previous cakes and cupcakes were made for people I have met before/knew). Two, I basically pretty much absolutely knew nothing about super heroes. & well.. that's pretty much it! Any who, after speaking and e-mailing each other throughout the week, all of the details of the cake were confirmed. Initially, we spoke about doing a cake with just batman's and superman's symbols on a two tiered mini-ish cake (the cake was only needed to feed 15 people), but later my friend, Tiffany sent me a picture of a cake that had fondant figures of super heroes. I thought they looked absolutely adorable and challenging (I haven't had the besssst luck with making fondant people...remember this?). After I sent her that picture, she agreed that we should add the fondant heroes of Superman, Batman, the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, and Iron Man. She also requested that I add cow somewhere in the cake due to her daughter's wish to have a pet cow one day. I think that's enough story time, don't cha think? Sooo look below for the cake! :)
Here's the cake! My very first super hero cake and not to mention one of the first non-fondant covered cakes that I've made in a very very very long time! Haha
The fondant super heroes, featuring the birthday girl, Alicia in the top middle picture! (I know it wasn't asked but I thought it'd be cute to top the cake with the birthday girl)

The cake probably looks somewhat big-ish but in real life it was pretty minuscule looking so I wasn't quite sure that it would feed the 15 people that Doris had said would be needed to feed. The cake itself looked like it could either feed the exact amount or a few servings less so to be on the safe side, I included about 17 cake pops varying of these red and yellow sprinkled cake pops along with the blue sprinkled cake pops below. 


On another note... Valentine's Day is coming up and what better way to show your love to your special someone then with cupcakes?! & as a special for Valentine's Day, you can surprise your loved one with a heart filled cupcake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment