Monday, June 17, 2013

Jennifer's Dessert Table & Tejas's Big Bird Cake

About a month ago, a woman named, Jennifer had contacted me about setting up a dessert table for her birthday party that was this past Friday. This was the first time anyone had asked me to set up a dessert table. Because this was a larger event than I am normally used to (100+ guests), I asked my baking teacher if she would help me. Thankfully, she did! Here's how it all went...


The whole dessert table completed! As you scroll down to the other pictures, you will notice a lot of the desserts will contain alcohol... this is also why I was thankful that my baking teacher was able to help me. She's more knowledgeable when making alcohol infused desserts so having her there to show me how much of what to put in each dessert was very helpful. *Note: everything on the table was made by both my baking teacher and I except the cake and macarons. 

Pink Champagne cupcakes topped with St. Germain Swiss Meringue buttercream 

Kahlua Chocolate cupcakes topped with Coffee cream and chocolate swirly designs 
Pink and gold red velvet cake balls

Truffle spoons (white chocolate ganache filling dipped in chocolate) adorned with edible gold leaflets
Tiramisu cups 

Chocolate covered strawberries infused with Martell

Mini pink champagne cupcakes (gold wrappers) and mini kahlua chocolate cupcakes (silver wrappers)
Top picture: Jennifer's dessert table vision that she emailed me
Bottom picture: the table completed 
My teacher insisted that I pose while setting up the table hahah

Just casually placing the truffle spoons onto the platter...
My teacher and I with Jennifer! *This picture was taken before she put on her birthday dress.
Jennifer in her dress with the completed dessert table! Hope you had a wonderful 30th Jennifer! 



This past weekend I also got asked to make a cake for a former classmate of mine, Tejas. I was instructed to try to find out things that he liked/enjoyed so I found out from his friend that his nickname was "Big Bird." Sooo any guesses on how I might of decorated the cake as? :P

If you guessed "Big Bird" then you're correct!!!!!
Along with the cake, I was also asked to make cake pops.  Tejas's favorite color is blue so I was told to just decorate the cake pops in blue (no specifics). I had seen some people on Instagram do marbling designs onto cake pops so I thought I'd give it a try... ehh I'll need to work on it more (this was one of the more "better" looking ones that I made)











No comments:

Post a Comment