Monday, May 27, 2013

Skylander and a USC Short Film

A little less than a week and a half ago I was asked to make cupcakes for two different occasions...


1) Skylander themed cupcakes for a birthday. When I first got the email about making Skylander cupcakes, I could honestly say that I had never heard of it or had known that it was a popular game. I now know a liiiiittle bit about Skylander, but that's basically me saying I know what their symbols look like.. A big fear of mine was that I might have ruined/messed up the symbols but Jamie (the woman who ordered them), emailed me a couple of days after thanking me and saying that all the boys at the birthday party were able to recognize the symbols. Phew! 
My take on "Skylander" cupcakes! I tried as best as I could do remake the symbols onto fondant!

Thanks again for the email, Jamie! It was really thoughtful of you to take out your time to let me know that the cupcakes went over well! :)

2) Cupcakes for a USC short film called, "The Party Dress"
I was emailed the same week to make cupcakes for a USC short film called, "The Party Dress." I still don't know much about it, so I can't say much. However, I was told to make cupcakes that said "Party Dress" and to have three cupcakes with dresses so here's my take on them!




1 comment:

  1. You're extremely talented! I'm so impressed that a high school grad already has such a blossoming business completely self-run. I went to my little sister's dance theater performance at NHS, and my mom, who bakes a lot herself, bought some of your cake pops and a cupcake. She wanted to applaud you for the super creative decorations and the wonderful quality of the cakes! You're awesome -- keep it up! :)

    -NHS grad

    ReplyDelete