Friday, June 28, 2013

Graduation Party, Garden Tea Party, Family Visiting, and Updates

Warning: This post will be a pretty lengthy post. There's been a few orders I've had since my last post. I've also got some new pictures and videos of things I have done in the past.

Last Friday, June 21:
I was contacted by a woman to make cake pops and mini cupcakes for her daughter's graduation party. She had found me after purchasing a few cake pops and cupcakes from the dance show I did last month. Here's what I made for the party!

SMU (Southern Methodist University) mini cupcakes. Congratulations Rachel!
Graduation cap and diploma cake pops
Northwood high school graduation cap and diploma cake pops

This past Monday, June 24:
I was contacted by another woman to make desserts for a green and white themed garden tea party. Interestingly enough, this woman had found me after winning a gift certificate for cupcakes from a fashion show I did last month as well. Initially, she called me wanting cupcakes, but later added a cake and scones as well. Below are the desserts I completed for her...
White and green flower cupcakes for the garden tea party.
A buttercream green and white cake for the garden tea party. This is probably my best buttercream covered cakes I've done so far (I don't make too many - I typically make more fondant covered cakes).
Vanilla scones (she requested they be circled).
June 16-June 24 (I didn't know where I should place this):
My older cousin named, John came to visit California from Kentucky with one of his daughters, Kairi. This was the first time that anyone in my family (most of us live in California) had seen Kairi. During his trip, he took his daughter to my house to go swimming. I thought it could be fun for her to decorate some cupcakes after a day of swimming. This is how it went...


Hopefully my cousin and his family will find a way to move out to California so I can have more cupcake decorating parties with Kairi and her little sister, Lily!

Now for the updates...
I recently got emailed some pictures of the dessert table I did for Jennifer a couple of weeks ago. My oh my, are these pictures beautiful!! They were taken by two photographers she had at the party. Okay, I should just stop talking and just post these pictures! (You guys will die at how beautiful they are... especially compared to the ones I took with my phone hahah)


*Daytime pictures were taken by Khoi Nguyen from 2K Vision. Nighttime pictures were taken by Kimberly Pham.























This was awhile ago but for anyone who wanted to see my NTV feature but could not view it from Facebook, the YouTube video can be seen below: (sorry in advance for my awkwardness on camera..)

2 comments:

  1. Cakes are so very tempting and arranged in such a stylish way. Had a evening get together with my kitty members at one of the sober LA venues few days back. Had an amazing time having snacks and beverages with them. Thinking to have our next kitty at the same place.

    ReplyDelete