Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Next Chapter

This past Thursday and Friday was Northwood high school's annual Dance Theatre spring dance show. The theme of the show changes every year (last years was "Dance Dance Evolution"), with this year's being, "The Next Chapter." With this theme, choreographers were asked to choreographed pieces inspired by stories. Dances that were influenced in the show varied from Peter Pan, Twilight, Harry Potter, Romeo and Juliet, and so much more! This theme was so unique that it even caught the OC Register's attention! The article can be found here.

I had baked for the show's bake sale last year so I was honored to be asked to do it again this year (Thank you Mrs. Scialpi!). Although, since I was no longer a member of the dance program, this meant that I had to be outside the theater selling my baked goods. This was all new to me. I had always been performing in the shows so I didn't really know how things worked. I hope all in all I did okay..?! Luckily, one of my friends had finished her first year of college and was able to help me out as much as she could for the bake sale. She was a bit scared to bake some cupcakes for me but that was okay since instead, she was able to help me package cake pops and cupcakes, along with making a few mini fondant flower decorations. I can't thank her enough for helping me! Thank you Nicole!!

Unlike last year's cupcakes, I focused on providing more flavors of cupcakes to the bake sale (last year's were all red velvet), rather than making fondant decorations for most of the dances in the show. I was able to make a few, but it definitely wasn't as much as last year's show. I've also noticed that a lot of people are loving cake pops, so I added those to the mix as well!
The cake pops I made for the show. From left to right: chocolate, vanilla bean, and red velvet.
My table for the bake sale.
Mini cupcakes (flavors: vanilla bean, chocolate, and red velvet)
Cake pops (flavors: vanilla bean, chocolate and red velvet)
 Regular sized cupcakes (flavors: vanilla bean, chocolate, and red velvet)
Both regular and dance themed cupcakes
"Dream" (Wendy Darling/Peter Pan) cupcake
"Faith, Dust, and Pixie Dust" cupcake
"Twilight" (Bella and Edward's wedding) cupcake
"Mermaid Lagoon" (Peter Pan) cupcake
"Time for Tea" (Alice in Wonderland) cupcake
"Thief of the Night" (Little Red Riding Hood) cupcake
The Next Chapter themed cupcakes/dance gram cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes 
White flower bunch dance gram cupcake
Red, white, and pink flower bunch dance gram cupcake
"A DIfferent Fairytale" dance gram cupcake
Meet my friend, Nicole! Without her help, I probably wouldn't be able to provide as many baked goods as I did. So thank you again!
Good job to all of the dancers who performed! I hope you guys had a blast! And for all of the graduating seniors - I hope you cherished every moment! I remember being really sad when I realized it would be my last time performing for Northwood. To everyone who came to the show and/or bought a cupcake or cake pop - thank you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment