Sunday, November 13, 2011

SMH

smh.
(shake my head.)
Earlier this week my mom asked me if I could make a princess themed cake for my cousin's 4th birthday. The only thing is that my cousin is very specific with which princesses she likes. For instance, I thought she might like Sleeping Beauty/Aurora, but no she doesn't. She doesn't like her because she is scared of the witch. That's understandable. I used to be afraid of that witch too. As much as I loved that movie, every time the fireplace scene would come on, I would run away like a little cry baby. At the time, I thought Maleficent was the most horrifying thing ever. The fireplace scene (below) would just always give me the heeby jeebies!! 
See? Isn't that scene creepy? (excuse the french..)
Anyways, I could babble about Disney for days, but I won't. 
...for now. Hehe ;)
So long story short, I made my cousin a cake, however; MY MOM GOT THE WRONG DATE! Oh my goodness. 
Turns out mom thought that my cousin's birthday was yesterday, November 12th, but really, it's actually next Saturday, November 19th. I guess now my cousin will just get an early birthday cake! 
Note: My apologies for the amount of Disney videos in this post. Making this cake just put me in the Disney music listening mood! (:
The cake...
fun fact - as of now, this is the biggest cake that I have made.
If you haven't guessed, her favorite disney princesses are Mulan (even though she technically isn't a princess?), Cinderella, Jasmine, and Ariel.
Mulan!
"Honor to Us All" 
(this was the dress I tried to copy with fondant)
Cinderella!
"Cinderelly"
I don't know why but while working on the Cinderella song, I couldn't help but just think of this song! Might I add I just love Gus Gus! He's so fat and adorable. Hahahah :D
Jasmine!
"A Whole New World"
Ahh, who wouldn't want to ride on a magic carpet ride?! 
Ariel!
"Under the Sea"
This song is just so fun! "The seaweed is always greener...under the seaaaaa!"


1 comment:

  1. Wow Karess! You did an amazzzzing job on this cake! You have bear smiling for daysss and you definately made that girl's birthday! Isn't funny how your favorite used to be mulan now bear's favorite is also mulan? Keep up all the hard work! You are really great at this! And I am so soo proud of you!

    Xoxoxoxoxo

    "Mo"

    ReplyDelete