Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mrs. Glowacki's Baby Shower/Annalisa

This Thursday has probably been one of the busiest baking days I have had in awhile...BUT I LOVE IT! 

Side note: if there's something that I learned this week (that I continuously forget), it's that I need to take more pictures...So I apologize for the lack of pictures! 

Baking project #1: Mrs. Glowacki's Baby Shower
So about a month ago, I was asked by Mrs. Crowley (my TA teacher) if I would be willing to bake cupcakes for a baby shower for a teacher at my school named Mrs. Glowacki. How could I say no? I will admit though, I was a bit terrified! When I asked her about decorations, she told me that I would have creative freedom to figure it out. She did, however tell me that the baby would be a girl named Ella, and that her room would be periwinkle and have sheeps. I had never been to a baby shower, so I was basically clueless. But after searching Google and Yahoo, I came to the conclusion to make a baby, pacifiers, rattles, crowns, sheeps, ABC blocks, buttons, onesies, and strollers/carriages.

Most of the decorations
My first attempt at making a baby in fondant...I didn't like how it turned out squared and chubby so I didn't end up using this. 
My second attempt at making a baby! It still turned out a bit chubby but the square-ness was definitely gone! :)
*Thank you to Chef Heather (ROP teacher) for suggesting the idea to plastic wrap and cup and to let the tummy and head rest/dry on them! 

The cupcakes! The flavors made were peanut butter chocolate chip, red velvet, chocolate, and carrot.

Baking Project #2: Annalisa's Birthday
Remember how I said earlier in this post that I really need to take more pictures...? This is where it really becomes problematic... So due to the lack of pictures I will just say that I made my friend, Annalisa chai flavored cupcakes! If there's one thing to know, it's that this girl LOVES her chai tea latte ( with no water, of course ;) )! And like most of the cupcakes I make, they were topped with fondant toppers! There weren't too many and I only have three pictures of some of the toppers I used. Again, I apologize! I did however try to take pictures of when my friends and I took her out to eat! I'm slowly making progress! 
Some of the toppers I used. I actually only used the Ariel and horse topper. My attempt at free handing a Colorado Ram (the school she will be attending next year) just didn't cut it for me..
 
Wooo birthday girl!!

She's finally 18!




No comments:

Post a Comment