Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

So as you can probably see with my past posts.. I always like trying to incorporate national days/holidays into cupcakes! With today being Earth Day, I couldn't help but think of, "nature." Thinking of that I initially thought of flowers! So in honor to today, I made a bouquet of various flowers I have made out of either fondant or royal icing! 

Wouldn't this also be perfect for Mother's Day...? ;)

I've also failed to update you all on other baking things that I've done since my last post ("Kardashians Take Over Chelsea Lately")... Since that post, I actually went back to Chelsea Lately for the second time this month. My friend and her dorm mates wanted to see Ryan Lochte so I came along with them since my friend didn't know my sister too well. I didn't care for Ryan Lochte too much so I actually didn't even tell my sister and friend that I would officially be coming until the day of. However, after going to the taping, I will admit that he is really really pretty! Hahaha. Any who, I am not sure when that episode should air, given that there were two other guests that were taped that day as well. Okay, I'll stop babbling, and just show you guys what I brought to the taping! Note: the Chelsea crew didn't know that I was bringing anything because I never told my sister anything hahaha (this was also a big factor of why I would or wouldn't come to the taping)
Green Tea cake pops! (turns out that the Chelsea crew REALLY loved the cake pops I brought last time!)

I noticed that whenever I come, a lot of people always want to eat one of my cupcakes but say they'll feel guilty so this time I brought MINI cupcakes! In this box are..
1) Green tea w/ white chocolate green tea buttercream
2) Chocolate w/ chocolate ganache
3) Chocolate w/ chocolate cream cheese buttercream


A few days after I did this...

One of my aunts asked me if I could make a Rugby themed cake for a co-worker of hers. I absolutely knew nothing about the sport but with some research I can only hope that I didn't make any dramatic errors!!! The only direction she told me was to,"make a huntington beach rugby cake like how [I] did for the lakers cake." WIth not too many directions this is what I created! 

That night, I remembered watching a video on YouTube in the past on how to make fondant flowers.. I re-watched it and well... let's just say I got inspired and did....
This is actually just some of the flowers I made.. there's actually quite a few more that I did (some are actually in the bouquet I made for today). The others that aren't pictured are generally the same colors as shown above but just slightly smaller. But I think I might slightly be addicted to making flowers!!! Help?!



No comments:

Post a Comment