Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kardashians Take Over Chelsea Lately!

Me, Nickta, and Nicole at the taping of "Kardasians take over Chelsea Lately!"
Okay, okay, I know the Kardashians aren't everyones cup of tea, but I just so happen to like them at some extent. I wouldn't say I look up to them or say that they are my favorite celebrities (?), but I will admit that I do watch their reality shows. Most of you are probably disgusted with me right now but I can't help it! Any who, for the past two months, it had been rumored at my sister's work place that the Kardashians would either be coming as guests or coming to host the show, Chelsea Lately. It wasn't until last week that I found out that they were officially coming to the show. Immediately, I asked my sister if I could come to the show (& also take two friends). Luckily, she was able to let me and my two friends come along! Unfortunately, at most shows, pictures taken inside the studios are not allowed, however, at the end of the taping, I was able to meet Chuy (also known as Chelsea's "little nugget")! Look what happened when we met!!!!

Chuy with one of my cake pops!!! Usually when I come and bring my baked goods to Chelsea Lately, I don't really expect that anyone that's actually on the show will get or see them. Out of pure luck, Chuy happened to pass by my sister and I and so she gave him one of my cake pops and proceeded to point that I was the one who made them. Immediately I wanted to get a picture of him with my cake pop, but I didn't want to say it in front of him because I thought it could be too unprofessional? I should add that he was on his way to the meet and greet that he randomly does after some of the tapings. After getting a cake pop, he rode along in his bike(?) to the meet and greet. When he was somewhat of a far distance I asked if my sister could somehow get a picture of him with the cake pop, however she got the better idea of having me with both him AND the cake pop! So yeah! That's how that happened! I can officially now say that someone on Chelsea Lately finally got to have one of my "kreations!" :) I mean someone else could have during one of the times I've been, but as far as I know, Chuy is the first!

Curious to see what cake pops I brought to Chelsea?
Well, I actually brought an assortment of cake pops. Well, I guess only two different designs but you can have a look of the two designs that I brought!
Cake pop(s) #1 (also the one that Chuy got!!)
Cake pop(s) #2 ! 
I also made a two more cake pop designs that I made for my friend Nickta, in the hopes that she could help raise money and awareness for a fundraiser that she is having. Check them out below!
I tried to be "fancy" and tried to swirl the colors of UCLA (the school Nickta goes to) onto the cake pop.

I just thought it could be fun to attempt making "cake" cake pops! I definitely think I need to work on this design more... 
If you'd like to donate to Nickta's fundraiser, you can donate here

Why exactly does Nickta need to fundraise you ask? This summer, she will be a camp counselor for a week for underprivileged youth. She is fundrasing to send kids to camp for a week. Without this money, the kids will not be able to go to camp, the best part of their summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment